Sunday, March 29, 2009

Florida Trip



Our family (My whole family except for my little sis Melinda) went down to Florida for a week of vacation. My Mom paid for most of it(hotel and Flight) But it was still pretty expensive. Man did we have a good time though. The worst part about it is we had to come home.


We spent most of our time in Disney World. My one year old could have cared less that we were there. But my other nieces and nephews had a great time. Here I am with my sis Michelle at Magic Kingdom.

We visit each of the 4 Disney World Resort. Some pretty cool stuff. But most of all the big rides were exaclty the same as Disney Land. The Tree of Life was way cool and The MT Everest Ride was the most fun the were both at Wild Animal Park. Here's my Brother Don and Conner with his hair spiked on a boat ride.


This was a Bug's Life 3d under the Tree of life at Wild animal park.


You would be suprised how many rides a 1 year old can ride at Disney



Here is us swimming at our hotel. Pretty Chessy hotel. But I'm sure the kids loved it. If you go on a vacation like this make sure you schedule plenty of swim time for the kids.


Conner learnt to suck out of a straw this trip and found out what a brain freeze is.


The Nemo ride at epcot center was a fun one for Conner and his cousin Hans.


Some how Conner's jacket got mixed up with his Cousin's Addies Jacket So he's in pick. Dont ask how. But it was cold. what else do you do. Sorry Conner.


The only think different about Star Wars Ride was the out side it was soo cool like a little Ewok
Village.
Finally we made it out to the ocean. Conner now has touch the Atlantic and pacific waters within in 2 months of his 1 birthday. We stopped at John D. MacArthur State park. That was a nice beach. My nephew Hans went to put his feet in the water but it started receding back so he decided to run after it. (he is 2 years old) Just as another huge wave was coming in. Crash. He went tumbling with the wave. We all ran to save him. He didn't want to touch the water the rest of the time.
Here we are out our hotel ocean front beach line. (Really it was Man made beach 50' long pretty lame and there weren't any waves) Florida doesn't really have a whole lot of Beach line because it is mostly taken over by Mangrove Trees. Weird.
Here is Conner in the water it was a little cold 70 degrees. My brother Don is encouraging him to walk in the water. Conner took his first steps on this vacation.
We decide that we need to use our PADI diving certificate again so we rented a boat and drove it out to the reefs. All the reefs in the keys our 3-4 miles off shore. Lame. I wish we just would have scheduled a charter dive trip. I didn't take any Dramamine and I got so sick on that little boat.

Our last day. I want to make up for the day before. My sis Mel and I took a chartered snorkeling trip out to the reef. I remembered to take some Dramamine this time. We had a blast. I even saw a Shark.. Kinda freaky. Then is was back home to shovel out my drive way. How Sucky.

No comments: